Friday, May 27, 2011

DMA179 - Experimenting with Paint in Photoshop

For this assignment, I've used the techniques we were taught in class and applied them to my painting.

COLOR TABLE
The first technique we used was creating a color table. The color table can be seen in the screen cap below:


Using a 12 color setting, I created this color table with the colors from the scan of my painting. I chose to use 12 colors because I wanted the yellow accents to show up in the palette.

CREATING A BRUSH
The second technique we used was creating and defining a brush. For this, I used the same painting as the one above. I chose to use the claw right hand side because I liked the tip of the claw where my brush left a feathery effect. First, I desaturated the image and made my selection around the claw:

Then, I saved my brush as THE MOST AWESOME BRUSH EVER (naturally), and opened up a new document to play around with it. I played around with the brush settings and stamped the claw all over the document and ended up with this:


TEXTURE EFFECTS
The third and final technique we used was a texture effect. By creating a new alpha channel and applying lighting effects on the image, we were able to create a very cool looking "pop up" image that reacts with the lighting effect we placed on it. After playing around with the settings, I ended up with this:


No comments:

Post a Comment